The first round of judging for the 2016 World Photographic Cup has concluded and Team Canada is among the finalists!
This is the third year for the World Photographic Cup and it’s my privilege to be included as a part of the Canadian submission for a second time (the first being the inaugural Cup in 2014).
My image “Morning Muse” was selected as one of the three images Canada submitted in the portrait category.
As per this morning’s WPC press release:
“Having an image submitted at this level is without doubt a pinnacle of anyone’s career… medallist or not. By being recognised as a team member for WPC, the respect for the photographer is immediately on a higher plateau.
We would like to recognize and respect the 400 photographers from 27 countries and 4 continents which boldly had the opportunity to showcase their amazing images and worked towards enhancing their associations respect and brand around the globe.
We are happy to announce now the national teams which have at least one finalist image: Australia, Austria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, USA.”
I would like to extend a big “congratulations!” to my fellows on Team Canada:
- Commercial: Claude Brazeau , Orleans, ON Jason Brown , Abbotsford, BC Kerri-Jo Stewart , Richmond, BC
- Illustrative/ Digital Art: Darlene Fros , Port Rowan, ON Marc Bailey , Sherbrooke, QC Stéphane Larivière , Rigaud, QC
- Nature: Clark Lloyd , Port Williams, NS Trevor Pottelberg , Brownsville, ON Allan Bailey , St. Albert, AB
- Portrait: Joseph Simone , Laval, QC Nathalie Lamy , Cumberland, ON (and me!) 🙂
- Reportage/ Photojournalism: Paul Wright , Whistler, BC Alexis Walters , Victoria, BC Phanh Tram , Edmonton, AB
- Wedding: Sam Sciarrino , Woodbridge, ON Jeff Noon , Medicine Hat, AB Joseph Simone , Laval, QC
The finalists will be revealed at Imaging USA in January, 2016, with the winners being announced at Expofoto in Portugal next March.
Good luck to everyone who is proudly representing their country!
Check out the full gallery of all the images submitted by the participating countries.