As a photographer, I’m usually talking about what I see on the business end of my lens. For a change of pace, here’s a look from the other side, behind the lens, with 25 things you didn’t know about me:
I was born at 3 minutes to midnight. That might explain why I’m always up late.
- My favourite colour is blue.
- My least favourite colour is red.
- I’ve taken lessons for guitar, keyboard and trumpet, none of which did I play well.
- In 1991, I moved to London. I’m still trying to figure out why but it’s worked out well, so far.
- Out of the 6 Caribbean islands I’ve been to, Dominica is my favourite … by far. It’s just like King Kong’s Skull Island (but without all the giant monsters).
- I shave my head because I could never find a style I was happy with.
- My hair used to be long, halfway-down-my-back long. I wasn’t happy with it.
- My first apartment came with 4 roommates – all female. The toilet seat is never left up. Ever.
- The reason I didn’t go into the military when I was 18 is that I moved into my first apartment.
- I don’t believe in hunting or fishing unless it’s out of necessity. Hurting other living things for sport isn’t sport, it’s cruelty.
- My favourite author is Tolkien, but he’s losing ground to Nietzsche.
- My favourite music is metal. I haven’t found anything yet with the same energy.
- I didn’t get married until I was 37.
- I’m not fond of wearing glasses.
- I’m even less fond of the idea of someone operating on my eyeballs.
- My favourite animal is the cat – wild or domestic.
- My favourite creature of legend is the dragon – there are no domestic dragons.
- Under the Chinese zodiac, I’m the boar or pig. Handy when I’m in the mood for truffles.
- I’m a big fan of boats and everything boating. I’m absolutely fascinated with water.
- I have one fear: deep water.
- My favourite vacations are on cruise ships. Go figure.
- My favourite workout partner is my wife. In the gym. With weights. Oh, shut up …
- Regardless of how busy I seem to be, I can always find time for a nap.
- Originally, I set out to photograph wildlife, not people. Funny how things change, eh?
This Post Has 4 Comments
Lil31 Jan 2013
Wow… very interesting! But I really think you should support #8 with pictures, because it is totally incomprehensible! 🙂
Jay Terry3 Feb 2013
Ahhh … those photos are under lock and key. I may grow it out again one day, but not until I’ve gone 100% grey. 🙂
Jeanne16 May 2017
Damn, I wish I could think of something smart like that!
Lor20 Mar 2013
Lol @ 23